Numeracy: to be completed for Friday 05.10.18
Create a silly sentence to help remember the order of a 4 point compass: N, E, S, W
Literacy: to be completed for Friday 05.10.2018
1. Write out spellings 3 times using the Look, Cover, Write, Check method.
- Look– Discuss the look of the word, some letters are tall, have tails, have words within words, silent letters etc.
- Cover– Fold spelling sheet and keep out of sight.
- Write– Write out the word as best as you can remember.
- Check– Unfold spelling sheet and correct spellings, make any changes needed and continue onto the next word.
2. Learn for Friday
Fun Spelling Activity: Superman Letter. Your job is to write a creative letter to Superman (or another Superhero of your choice).
In your letter, you must use each of your spelling words. Be sure to underline your words as you use them.
Monday – Practise words and write out list 1 by using the Look, Cover, Write, Check method.
Tuesday – Practise words and write out list 2 by using the Look, Cover, Write, Check method.
Wednesday – Practise words and write out list 3 by using the Look, Cover, Write, Check method.
Thursday – Practise words and complete Spelling Activity (above)
Source: Primary 4/5