Literacy: to be completed for Friday 09.11.2018
1. Write out spellings 3 times using the Look, Cover, Write, Check method.
- Look– Discuss the look of the word, some letters are tall, have tails, have words within words, silent letters etc.
- Cover– Fold spelling sheet and keep out of sight.
- Write– Write out the word as best as you can remember.
- Check– Unfold spelling sheet and correct spellings, make any changes needed and continue onto the next word.
2. Learn for Friday
Fun Spelling Activity: Adding My Words. Each letter has a value.
Consonants are worth 10. Vowels are worth 5.
Write your spelling words. Then add up the value of each spelling word.
Example: said= 10 + 5 + 5 + 10= 30; said = 30
Numeracy: to be completed for Friday 09.11.18
Write out the answers of the x3 tables and learn them. Challenge yourself to say them in a list or jumble them up and ask someone to quiz you or ask someone to say the answer and you say the question!!
Source: Primary 4/5