Pupils are eligible for free school meals if their parents or carers receive one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job seekers Allowance (JSA)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Child Tax Credit (CTC) but not Working Tax Credit (WTC), with an income under £16105 with effect from 6 April 2015.
- Both maximum Child Tax Credit and maximum Working Tax Credit and your annual income is under £6,900
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit and your monthly earned income is not more than £610
Pupils are eligible for free school meals in their own right if they are between 16-18 and fall into any of these categories.
During the current COVID-19 School Closures, parents/carers of P1 to P3 pupils are requested to apply for Free School Meals in order to receive meal vouchers.