What does the Parent Council do?
- Support our school in its work with pupils
- Represent the views of all parents/carers
- Fundraise to provide additional support to pupils
- Encourage links between our school, parents/carers, pupils and wider community.
New for 2020-2021 School Year
The Parent Council are looking for one parent/carer from every class to become a Class Rep. This would entail:
- Helping the Parent Council represent pupils across all primaries by attending meetings / passing on comments and suggestions to other parents/carers in your child’s class
- Providing a link between school and parents/carers
- Setting up and running a Facebook Messenger page / WhatsApp group where class parents/carers can communicate
- Sharing details about Parent Council and school events / meetings with class viz Facbook Messenger / WhatsApp group
- HAving a say in events/ fundraising ideas
- Helping with school events / encouraging other parents/carers to help
- Acting as an extra line of communication btween the teacher and parents, for example by passing on messages about school trips and events.
If you are interested in becoming a Class Rep or have any ideas, suggestions, feedback, please contact the Parent Council through the school office, via the Send Message button on the Facebook Page (search Abbotswell Parent Cuuncil) or by emailing them at: firstname.lastname@example.org